Faculty Profile for Dr. Apan Muhammad Qasem
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Hope, J., Gjergji, M., DiGirolamo, J., Alvarez, M., & Qasem, A. (2021). Characterizing Input-sensitivity in Tightly-Coupled Collaborative Graph Algorithms (pp. 287–296). https://doi.org/10.1109/CCGrid51090.2021.00038
- Sultana, T., Allen, B., & Qasem, A. M. (2020). Intelligent Data Placement on Discrete GPU Nodes with Unified Memory (PACT20) (pp. 139–151). New York, NY: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/3410463.3414651
- Novoa Ramirez, C. M., & Qasem, A. M. (2023). GPU-accelerated Parallel Solutions to the Quadratic Assignment Problem. ArXiv, 1–25. Retrieved from https://arxiv.org/abs/2307.11248
- Bunde, D., Ahmed, K., Ayloo, S., Brown-Gaines, T., Fuentes, J., Jatala, V., … Yeh, T. (2022). Adopting Heterogeneous Computing Modules: Experiences from a ToUCH Summer Workshop. IEEE.
- Qasem, A. M., Ayguade, E., Cahill, K., Ostasz, M., Panda, D. K., & Tomko, K. (2022). Lightning Talks of EduHPC 2022. IEEE.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Internet Computing (CCGRID). May 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, 2019 IEEE/ACM Workshop on Education for High-Performance Computing (EduHPC). November 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC). 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. May 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Boko Award, Faculty Advisor of the Year. 2015
- Ekin, Tahir (Principal), Tesic, Jelena (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Summers, Lucia (Co-Principal), Hewitt, Barbara A (Supporting), Liu, Xiangping (Supporting), Chang, Carolyn T (Supporting), Mendez, Francis A (Supporting), Irvin, Jennifer A (Supporting), Resendiz, Maria D (Supporting). Expanding AI Curriculum and Infrastructure at Texas State University to Advance Interdisciplinary Research and Grow a Diverse AI Workforce, National Science Foundation, Federal, $400000. (Submitted: June 2023, Funded: January 2024 - December 2025). Grant.
- Biediger-Friedman, Lesli M (Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Villagran, Melinda Morris (Co-Principal), Johnson, Cassandra (Co-Principal), Renick, Cecil O (Co-Principal), Hwang, Sangchul Scott (Supporting), Mendez, Francis A (Supporting), Sen, Keya (Supporting), Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo H (Supporting), Shanmugam, Ram (Supporting), Charles, Joni S J (Supporting). NUEVA - Nutrition for Underserved Elders Via Application, United States Department of Health and Human Services - Administration for Community Living, Federal, $2764270. (Submitted: March 10, 2022, Funded: August 1, 2022 - July 31, 2027). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal). Accelerating Credentials Planning Grant, THECB, State, $50000. (Funded: July 2022 - September 2022). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Villagran, Melinda Morris (Co-Principal), , Bing Zhou (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Ekin, Tahir (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Konur, Dincer (Supporting), Alanis, Emmanuel (Supporting), Zihagh, Fereshteh (Supporting), Dong, Zhijie (Co-Principal), Shen, Xiaoxi (Supporting), De Nadai, Alessandro Stevens (Supporting), Zhu, Ye (Co-Principal), Hewitt, Barbara A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Supporting), White, Alexander (Supporting), Dolezel, Diane M (Supporting), Ioudina, Vera (Supporting), Islam, Tanzima Z (Supporting), Lee, Chul Ho (Supporting), Metsis, Vangelis (Supporting), Moradi, Masoud (Supporting), Gao, Ju (Supporting), Li-Jen, Lester (Supporting), Jones, Dustin (Supporting), Pham, Vung (Supporting), Holt, Melinda (Supporting), Kyung An, Min (Supporting), Islam, ABM (Supporting), Cho, Hyuk (Supporting), Liu, Quigzhoung (Supporting), Liang, Fan (Supporting), Topinka, Joseph Baar (Supporting). The Accelerating Credentials of Purpose and Value for the Texas Innovation Corridor (TIC) Consortium Grant, THECB, State, $1450000. (Submitted: November 2021, Funded: February 2022 - October 2022). Grant.
- Lu, Yijuan (Principal), Ngu, Anne H. (Co-Principal), Gao, Ju (Co-Principal), Chen, Xiao (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal). II-NEW: Shared High Performance Data Center, NSF CISE CRI Program, Federal, $375756. (Funded: 2013 - 2019). Grant.