Faculty Profile for Jeffrey G Davis
Biography and EducationJeffrey Davis (AKA "Jefe") is an award-winning designer and design educator, teaching Communication Design in the School of Art and Design at Texas State University-San Marcos since 2000. Prior to joining the faculty Texas State, he worked as the creative director at Judson Design Associates and Senior Designer at Hill Branding in Houston, Texas.
Jeff’s focus in teaching and professional practice is in human centered design, design at enterprise scale, and design centered innovation. He has a quarter-century of design experience in international and national corporate marketing and branding for a broad array of Furtune 500 and Fortune 100 clients across four continents including: Ritz-Carlton Residences, JCB Bank—Japan, Cushman Wakefield, Continental Airlines, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, the NBA Houston Rockets, Chevron, Exxon, HP, Mitchell Energy, ConocoPhillips, Cooper Industries, Howard Hughes, The Woodlands Development Company and Hines.
Throughout his 25-year career Jeff has continually donated his time and talent for cause-based organizations. He has received international peer recognition for his designs, which have raised international awareness for education, global conflict, environmental issues, cancer, human rights, universal healthcare, and marine preservation.
Jeff has been recognized for excellence by leading communication design organizations, publications, and journals, which include: The New York Art Directors Club, Type Directors Club, Communication Arts, Print, How, Good50X70, Logo Lounge, and Graphis Press. He has also served as a board member for AIGA.
His passion for design and design education is both tempered and fueled by a deep love of the outdoors—mainly surfing and fly fishing. He shares these outdoor adventures with his family — daughters Jess and Elli and three rescue dogs, always under the watchful eyes of Shannon, his amazing wife of 16 years.
Teaching InterestsBrand Strategy+Design, Human Centered Design, and Sustainable Design Practices
Research InterestsBrand Strategy+Design, Human Centered Design, and Sustainable Design Practices
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- A Thousand Summers — Brand Identity. A Thousand Summers — Brand Identity. Foundation. April 2019 - December 2019, Print and digital media.
- The George and Barbara Bush Foundation: Visual Brand Identity. The George and Barbara Bush Foundation: Visual Brand Identity. Houston Texas. Foundation. March 2019 - October 2019, Print and digital media.
- All the Best: Podcast Title Graphics. College Station, Texas. Foundation. April 2019 - July 2019, Digital Media.
- H-E-B Annual Report. Corporate. April 2022 - November 2022.
- Heard/Hermann Brand Identity. Heard/Hermann. Corporate. January 2022 - October 2022.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Elected favorite professor, the Alpha Chi National Honors Society, Alpha Chi National Honors Society. 2016 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee January 1, 2013 - May 1, 2013
- Award / Honor Nominee September 1, 2011 - December 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Nominee January 1, 2011 - May 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient January 1, 2010 - May 1, 2010
Selected Service Activities
Board of Directors
Cleanup the Colorado
Orvis Guide Rendezvous 2017
SXSW EDU College and Career Coach
Texas State University Distance Education Committee
September 1, 2011-Present
Texas State University Marketing Committee
September 1, 2011-Present