Faculty Profile for Vlasta Lee Silhavy
Vlasta Lee Silhavy
Senior Lecturer — Department of Theatre & Dance
phone: (512) 245-9042
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Artistic Director, Stepping Out.
- Texas State Theatre Camp Finale Production. TXST Performing Arts Center, San Marcos, TX.
- Artistic Director, Greed: Camp Finale. June 2018 - July 2018.
- Director/Writer, A Leap Through Time. 2017.
- Artistic Director/Producer, Scallywags & School Kids. 2017.
- Director, The Miracle Worker.
- Angleton High School.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Excellence Award in Service, Texas State University. March 2022 - August 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Teaching, Texas State University. August 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Secondary Teacher of the Year, Angleton Independent School District. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award (service), Texas State University. August 25, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Appreciation, American Legion Post 241, Angleton, TX. 2015
- Baer, Ana Carrillo (Principal), Silhavy, Vlasta Lee (Principal). One-Time-Only Funding FY10, Equity and Access Committee, $1500. (Funded: 2016 - 2017). Grant.
- Baer, Ana Carrillo (Principal), Silhavy, Vlasta Lee (Principal). City of San Marcos Youth Plan, City of San Marcos, $5000. (Funded: 2016 - 2017). Grant.
- Baer, Ana Carrillo (Principal), Silhavy, Vlasta Lee (Co-Principal). REP, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: 2016 - 2017). Grant.
- Silhavy, Vlasta Lee. San Marcos Commission on Children and Youth, Municipal. (Funded: August 1, 2016 - July 1, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Associate Chair of Curriculum & Student Success
Departmental Curriculum Committee
College Curriculum Committee
Texas State Teacher Education Council
EDI Hiring Practices Task Force