Faculty Profile for Linda Nenno Breining
Biography and EducationBorn in NYC, raised and educated in Colorado and then back to NYC for a career on Broadway. Passed through Los Angeles for a few years in the Television industry then to Austin, Texas where I direct and stage manage new plays and perform in Shakespeare and Sondheim musicals. I teach Voice and Diction and Acting at Texas State University in San Marcos and have a Theatre coaching studio in South Austin.
Research InterestsTheatre as a healing tool for individuals, communities and society
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- ACTOR, SIGNIFICANT OTHER. January 7, 2021 - January 11, 2021.
- Director, A Hundred Times More.
September 20, 2019 - October 26, 2019.
- Nell Clowder Productions. October 26, 2019 Grover Universalist Church, Austin, Texas.
- Director, Out of Ink New Play Festival.
March 25, 2019 - May 4, 2019.
- Out of Ink New Play Festival. March 25, 2019 - May 4, 2019 Hyde Park Theatre, Austin, Texas.
- Director, Fresh Squeezed One Ounce of Opera.
March 4, 2019 - March 31, 2019.
- One Ounce Opera. March 22, 2019 - March 31, 2019 Museum of Human Achievement, Austin, Texas.
- Director, The Whole Truth Libretto by Mark Cambell.
March 3, 2019 - March 31, 2019.
- Fresh Sqeezed One Ounce of Opera. March 4, 2019 - March 31, 2019 Museum of Human Achievement.
Selected Service Activities
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION FACULTY TRAINING COMMITTEE
B. IDEN PAYNE NOMINATING COMMITTEE
JEREMY TORRES LAB THEATRE
January 2021-November 2021
September 2018-May 2019
Texas State Outdoor club