Faculty Profile for Ana Carrillo Baer
Ana Carrillo Baer
Professor — Department of Theatre & Dance
phone: (512) 245-6537
Research InterestsCollaborative Arts Production
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Baer, A. C. (2021). Considerations on Site-Specific Screendance Production. In Handbook of Dance and Philosophy. Handbook of Dance and Philosophy.
- Espacos Latnetes/Latent Spaces Reframed. Casa do Lago, Unicamp. May 25, 2019 - May 31, 2019 Artists: Solo (International)
- Baer, A. C. (2018). Rosely Conz and Ana Baer. In Cinemakers meets Art & Independent Cinema (1st ed., Vol. 2018). Berlin, Germany: Women Cinemaker. Retrieved from https://issuu.com/womencine_makers/docs/special.edition/152
- Director, Producer, camera, editor, Parakata.
April 22, 2022 - Present.
- Inheritance – The Environmental Festival. April 30, 2022 Belfast, Ireland.
- Co-director, co-producer, cinematographer, editor, Wild-er-ness.
2021 - Present.
- Urban Visions_Beyond the Ideal City Festival. April 22, 2021 - April 25, 2021 Bologna, Italy.
- Muestra de Video Arte Faenza 3. May 20, 2021 - May 30, 2021 Bogota, Colombia.
- XXIV Lila Lopez Contemporary Dance Festival. July 30, 2021 online, SLP, MX.
- Sao Carlos Video Dance Festival. September 26, 2021 Sao Carlos, Brazil.
- COCO Dance Festival. October 31, 2021 Port of Spain, Trinidad.
- Launch of Center for Research in Arts and Creative Exchange. December 25, 2021 University of Roehampton, London, UK.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Seminar Award, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Awarded Best Experimental film, Austin Spotlight, Austin, TX. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Awarded Best Original Music, Tulum World Environment Film Festival. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Awarded Honorable Mention, The London International Film Festival, UK. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Experimental film in February, The London International Film Festival, UK. 2022
- Baer, Ana Carrillo. Workshop and Lecture by Rocio Luna and Natalia Reza, ULS, Texas State University, $3000. (Funded: June 25, 2022). Grant.
- Blackman, Natalie Star, Baer, Ana. Live Interdisciplinary Collaboration Workshop, Continuing to Advance the Performing Arts in Mexico, University Lecturers Committee, Texas State University, $3000. (Funded: 2021). Grant.
- Baer, Ana Carrillo. Wilson Latin America Research Grant, Wilson Fellows, Texas State University, $1000. (Funded: June 2019). Grant.
- Baer, Ana Carrillo. Lecturer Series Supplemental Round, Texas State University, $1000. (Funded: September 2018). Grant.
- Baer, Ana Carrillo. Lecturer Series, Lecturer Series, Texas State University, $1900. (Funded: September 28, 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
REDIV Red Iberoamericana de Video Danza
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Head of Performance and Choreography track
Theatre and Dance Department Chair Search