Faculty Profile for Wayne L Kraemer
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Burnette, A. E., & Kraemer, W. L. (2021). Representing or Hispandering? Beto O’Rourke, political identity, and identification. In Local Theories of Argument. Abingdon, United Kingdom: Routledge.
- Burnette, A. E., & Kraemer, W. L. (2020). Hispanic politicians on the rise: Argumentation strategies of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. In Networking argument. Abingdon, United Kingdom: Routledge.
- Burnette, A. E., & Kraemer, W. L. (2016). Communicating a rationale for war: George W. Bush and the rhetoric of imperial righteousness. In M. Bose & P. B. Fritz (Eds.), The George W. Bush Presidency. Volume III: Foreign Policy. New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Burnette, A. E., & Kraemer, W. L. (2015). [Review of Meeting the demands of a changing electorate: The political rhetoric of Julian Castro and Marco Rubio, by B. J. Garssen, D. Godden, G. Mitchell, & A. F. Snoeck Henkemans]. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference of the International Society for the Study of Argumentation.
- Burnette, A. E., & Kraemer, W. L. (2012). The rhetoric of imperial righteousness in a post-9/11 world. Journal of Argumentation in Context, 1(2), 143–167.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi of Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Educator of the Year, Texas Speech Communication Association. October 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: E.R. Nichols Award for Outstanding Teaching, Pi Kappa Delta. November 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi of Texas State University. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Foundation of Excellence Award, Student Foundation of Texas State University. 2011
Selected Service Activities
Financial Aid Advisory, Appeals, and Scholarship Awards Committee
LBJ Museum of San Marcos
Board of Directors
Texas Council for Music and the Arts; Musical Instrument Program
The Heritage Association of San Marcos
The LBJ Museum of San Marcos