Faculty Profile for Casey F Chilton
Biography and EducationMr. Chilton is currently a Senior Lecturer with the Department of Communication Studies. He earned his M.A. at Texas State University and his B.S. at Lamar University. His academic interests include instructional communication, group and team dynamics, assessment, training and development, and relationship dynamics.
Mr. Chilton also serves as Director of the Communication Lab at Texas State University. As Director, he manages the staff engaged in the assessment and critique of communication performance. Mr. Chilton also holds certifications in Mediation and Corporate Training and Development.
Mr. Chilton formerly served the College of Education at Texas State as the Coordinator of Advising Services and has taught at Austin Community College.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching, Texas State University. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching, Texas State University. 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Elton B. Abernathy Graduate Communication Studies Scholarship Winner. 2003
- Award / Honor Nominee: National Collegiate Communication Arts Award. 2003
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding GTA Award, International Communication Association. 2003
Selected Service Activities
Undergraduate Messaging Committee
Course Evaluation Revision Committee
Undergraduate Program Advisory Committee
COMM 2330 Curriculum Committee
“College News” - Department of Communication Studies