Faculty Profile for Dr. Lindsay Erin Kipp
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Weiss, M. R., Kipp, L. E., & Riley, A. (2021). “A piece of sanity in the midst of insane times”: Girls on the Run programming to promote physical activity and psychosocial well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic. Frontiers in Public Health, 9. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2021.729291
- Kipp, L. E., Meaney, K. S., & Griffin, L. K. (2021). A mastery motivational climate-based service-learning program: Physical and psychosocial benefits among underserved children. The Physical Educator, 78, 61–81. https://doi.org/10.18666/TPE-2021-V78-I1-10197
- Weiss, M. R., Kipp, L. E., Reichter, A. P., & Bolter, N. D. (2020). Evaluating Girls on the Run in promoting positive youth development: Group comparisons on life skills transfer and social processes. Pediatric Exercise Science, 32, 172–182. https://doi.org/10.1123/pes.2019-0252
- Kipp, L. E., & Bolter, N. D. (2020). Motivational climate, psychological needs, and personal and social responsibility in youth soccer: Comparisons by age group and competitive level. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, (ahead of print), 101756. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychsport.2020.101756
- Kipp, L. E., Bolter, N. D., & Reichter, A. P. (2019). Motivational climate profiles, pubertal status, and well-being among female adolescent aesthetic sport athletes. Pediatric Exercise Science, 31, 458–464. https://doi.org/10.1123/pes.2018-0182
- Award / Honor Recipient: The 2016 Outstanding Research Writing Award, Research Quarterly for Sport and Exercise. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: The 2014 Outstanding Research Writing Award, Research Quarterly for Sport and Exercise. March 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: NASPSPA Outstanding Student Paper Award, North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity. 2012
- Kipp, Lindsay E. (Principal), Griffin, Luther Kent (Co-Principal), Deringer, Stephen Anthony (Co-Principal), Mettler, Joni A (Co-Principal), Forsythe, Michelle Elizabeth (Co-Principal). Enhancing mental and physical health of children and adolescents through innovative afterschool programs, College of Education Social Innovation Research Accelerator, Texas State University, $13396. (Submitted: October 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2022). Grant.
- Kipp, Lindsay E. (Principal), Griffin, Luther Kent (Co-Principal). Implementation and Evaluation of the Texas State University Fun and Fit for Life Program, City of San Marcos Youth Commission Grant, $2000. (Submitted: February 2019, Funded: June 2019 - April 2020). Grant.
- Kendall, Holly (Principal), Mettler, Joni (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay Erin (Co-Principal). Impact of resistance training on skeletal muscle mass, strength and physical function in younger and older adults, Texas American College of Sports Medicine Student Research Development Award, $1000. (Submitted: January 2020, Funded: July 2020 - July 2021). Grant.
- Mettler, Joni (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay E (Co-Principal). Impact of neuromuscular electrical stimulation on physical activity in older adults, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University. (Submitted: October 2017, Funded: June 2018 - December 2019). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther K (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay E (Co-Principal), Meaney, Karen S (Co-Principal). Fun & Fit 4 Life, United Way of Hay's County, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5900.00. (Submitted: June 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science
Exercise and Sport Science Graduate Student Organization
Exercise and Sport Science Graduate Comprehensive Exam Committee
Managing Textbook Costs committee
Reviewer / Referee
various peer-reviewed journals in areas of Kinesiology and Psychology of Physical Activity
November 1, 2012-Present