Faculty Profile for Dr. Kent Griffin
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kipp, L. E., Meaney, K. S., & Griffin, L. K. (2021). A mastery motivational climate-based service-learning program: Physical and psychosocial benefits among underserved children. The Physical Educator, 78, 61–81. https://doi.org/10.18666/TPE-2021-V78-I1-10197
- Griffin, L. K., Meaney, K. S., & Deringer, S. A. (2020). “Until I’m Just Too Old to Turn the Pedals”: Exploring Motivational Characteristics of Participants in a High School Mountain Bike Program. Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership, 12, 397–408. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.18666/JOREL-2020-V12-I4-10182
- Deringer, S. A., Hodges, J. S., & Griffin, L. K. (2020). Mindfulness as a tool for place-based educators. Journal of Outdoor and Environmental Education, 23(2), 121–135. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42322-020-00053-8
- Deringer, S. A., Hanley A., Hodges, J. S., & Griffin, L. K. (2020). Improving ecological behavior in outdoor recreation through mindfulness interventions: A mixed methods inquiry. Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership, 2(2), 149–163. https://doi.org/10.18666/JOREL-2020-V12-I2-9802
- Griffin, L. K. (2020). Outdoor/Adventure Education: Exploring the Possibiltities. Kinesiology Review, 9(4). https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1123/kr.2020-0041.
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Education Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University College of Education. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Service Learning Faculty Fellow, Texas Tech University. January 1, 1900
- Kipp, Lindsay E. (Principal), Griffin, Luther Kent (Co-Principal), Deringer, Stephen Anthony (Co-Principal), Mettler, Joni A (Co-Principal), Forsythe, Michelle Elizabeth (Co-Principal). Enhancing mental and physical health of children and adolescents through innovative afterschool programs, College of Education Social Innovation Research Accelerator, Texas State University, $13396. (Submitted: October 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2022). Grant.
- Kipp, Lindsay E. (Principal), Griffin, Luther Kent (Co-Principal). Implementation and Evaluation of the Texas State University Fun and Fit for Life Program, City of San Marcos Youth Commission Grant, $2000. (Submitted: February 2019, Funded: June 2019 - April 2020). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther Kent, Deringer, Stephen A (Co-Principal), Thomas, Krista A. Spring Lake Outdoor Education Program, State of Texas, $49276.31. (Funded: May 1, 2019 - December 31, 2020). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther Kent, Deringer, Stephen Anthony (Co-Principal). San Marcos High School Mountain Bike Program, San Marcos Commission on Children and Youth, Municipal, $2000. (Funded: April 1, 2019 - May 31, 2020). Grant.
- Deringer, Stephen Anthony, Griffin, Luther Kent. Study in America new program development grant. (Funded: February 1, 2022 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Quality Enhancement Plan comittee
Texas Parks and Wildlife
Dr. Stephen Anthony Deringer mentoring committee member
August 2018-August 2023
Graduate admissions committee
August 2018-July 2021
Facutly Advisory Committee
August 2018-January 2021