Faculty Profile for Kyle Turner Patek
Kyle Turner Patek
Senior Lecturer — Dept of Health & Human Performance
phone: (512) 245-2561
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- McAllister, M. J., Mettler, J. A., Patek, K. T., Butawan, M., & Bloomer, R. J. (2022). Astaxanthin supplementation increases glutathione concentrations but does not impact fat oxidation during exercise in active young men. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 32(1), 8–15. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2021-0138
- Chase, K., & Patek, K. T. (2021). Predicting Resting Metabolic Rate with Easily Obtained Measures: The Influence of Body Circumference. Translational Journal of the American College of Sports Medicine, 6(2). https://doi.org/doi:10.1249/TJX.0000000000000162
- Chase, K., Patek, K. T., & Walker, J. L. (n.d.). Predicting Resting Metabolic Rate with Easily Obtained Measures: The Influence of Body Circumference. Translational Journal American College of Sports Medicine.
- Lloyd, L. K., & Patek, K. T. (2017). A Laboratory Textbook of Exercise Physiology. Champaign, IL, United States of America: Stipes Publishing, LLC.
- Lloyd, L. K., & Patek, K. T. (2017). Laboratory Textbook of Exercise Physiology. Peosta, Iowa, United States of America: Eddie Bowers Publishing, Inc.
- Award / Honor Nominee: NCAA Sun Belt Conference Faculty of the Year for Texas State University, Sun Belt Conference. November 2023
- Award / Honor Recipient: Stephany Goodbread Faculty Advisor of the Year, Honors College - Texas State University. May 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Bobcat Preview Namesake, Texas State University. August 1, 2019 - August 31, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Education. February 22, 2017 - August 25, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teacher Appreciation, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority. October 1, 2014
Selected Service Activities
Texas State Golf Club
November 1, 2022-Present
Admissions Standards Committee
Environment and Sustainability Committee
Texas State Weightlifting Team
October 1, 2016-Present