Faculty Profile for Dr. Janet S Hodges
Dr. Janet S Hodges
Associate Professor — Dept of Health & Human Performance
phone: (512) 245-2561
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Deringer, S. A., Hodges, J. S., & Griffin, L. K. (2020). Mindfulness as a tool for place-based educators. Journal of Outdoor and Environmental Education, 23(2), 121–135. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42322-020-00053-8
- Deringer, S. A., Hanley A., Hodges, J. S., & Griffin, L. K. (2020). Improving ecological behavior in outdoor recreation through mindfulness interventions: A mixed methods inquiry. Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership, 2(2), 149–163. https://doi.org/10.18666/JOREL-2020-V12-I2-9802
- Kim, J., Kim, M., Hodges, J. S., & Han, A. (2020). Contribution of leisure activities to health perceptions, life satisfaction, and self-esteem among Korean individuals with visual impairments. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 114(2), 152–164. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1177/0145482X20906642
- Kim, J., Chun, S., Kim, H., & Hodges, J. (2018). Contribution of leisure participation to personal growth among individuals with physical disabilities. Therapeutic Recreation Journal, 52(3), 201–214.
- Hodges, J. S. (2018, October). Too young to be old. Activities, Adaptation and Aging. Philadelphia, USA: Routledge. https://doi.org/10.1080/01924788.2018.1520482
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Student Recognition of Campus Support, Retention Management and Planning. January 2017 - December 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors, Alpha Chi. 2012 - 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gradauting Student Recognition, Student Retention, Student Affairs. January 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: COE Mentoring Award for 2011-2012 with Jo An Zimmermann. January 1, 2011 - January 1, 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: COE Mentoring Award for 2011-2012 with Jo An Zimmermann. January 1, 2011
- Hodges, Janet (Co-Principal), Wilhite, B. (Co-Principal). Determining the incidence of obesity in youth with spina bifida., Small Grant Fund, UNT Office of Research & COE Academy, Institutional (Higher Ed), $750. (Submitted: 2002). Grant.
- Hodges, Janet (Principal). Determining the activity patterns and incidence of obesity among youth with spina bifida., Spina Bifida Association of Dallas, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1000. (Submitted: 2002, Funded: January 1, 2002 - December 31, 2003). Grant.
- Hodges, Janet (Principal). Cognitive pragmatics of living with Multiple Sclerosis, Junior Faculty Summer Research Fellowships, UNT Office of the Provost, Institutional (Higher Ed), $5000. (Submitted: 2001). Grant.
- Hodges, Janet (Principal). Services and supports for persons with brain injuries, U.S. Department of Education, Federal, $279141. (Submitted: 1998, Funded: January 1, 1998 - December 31, 2001). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Mentor Committee Allie Thomas
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
President's Committee on Work/Life Balance
Mentor Committee for Stacey Hunter