Faculty Profile for Dr. Jacquelyn McDonald
Biography and Education• B.S., Nutrition, Texas Tech University
• B.S.N.,Nursing, West Texas A&M University
• M.P.H., Public Health, Tulane University
• PhD, Adult Education, Texas State University
Research Interests• Public Health Administration and Leadership
• Programming Planning and Evaluation
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Williams, R. D., Housman, J. M., & McDonald, J. D. (n.d.). If we build it, will they come? Challenges of adapting and implementing a smoking cessation program for the LGBTQ community in Southcentral Texas. Health Promotion Practice, 21(1_suppl), 118S-123S.
- Meaney, K. S., Zimmermann, J. M., Martinez, G. P., Lu, Y., & McDonald, J. (2017). Champions for Health in the Community: Critical Service Learning, Transformative Education, and Community Empowerment. In In Liston, D. D. & Rahimi, R. (Ed.), Promoting Social Justice Through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Bloomington IN, United States: Indiana University Press.
- Meaney, K., Zimmermann, J., Martinez, G., Lu, Y., & McDonald, J. (n.d.). Champions for Health in the Community: Critical Service Learning, Transformative Education, and Community Empowerment. In Forwarding a Social Justice Agenda Through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Gelula, M. H., & Barone, J. D. (1983). Nutrition Education Needs as Perceived by Family Medicine Residents.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. November 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: First Place: Student Research Presentation: Professional-in-training Category, Texas Regional Chapter of the American Academy of Sports Medicine. January 1, 2007
- Housman, Jeff (Principal), Williams, Ron (Co-Principal), McDonald, Jacquelyn (Co-Principal), Evans, Jennifer (Co-Principal). Tobacco Quit Line Evaluation and Outreach Assistance: The Last Drag Tobacco Cessation Program for LGBT and HIV+ Populations: Phase II, Texas Department of state Health Services & Texas A&M University's Center for Community Health Development, State, $5000. (Submitted: August 1, 2015). Grant.
- Meany, K. S (Principal), Zimmerman, J. M (Principal), McDonald, Jacquelyn D (Principal). Champions for Health in the Community, Texas State University San Marcos, Research Enhancement Program, Institutional (Higher Ed), $11441. (Submitted: January 1, 2010). Grant.
- McDonald, Jacquelyn (Principal). Library Research Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $1000. (Submitted: January 1, 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Any Baby Can
Equity & Access Committee
HHP Curriculum Committee
September 1, 2015-Present
South Williamson County Health Alliance, Williamson County Health District
January 1, 2012-Present
HED Student Outcomes Committee
January 1, 2009-Present