Faculty Profile for Dr. Kevin W McCurdy
Dr. Kevin W McCurdy
Professor — Dept of Health & Human Performance
phone: (512) 245-7137
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- McCurdy, K. W., Walker, J., Pozuc, D., & Pitts, J. (2022). Measurement of absolute and relative reliability during the countermovement and split-squat jump using PUSH Pro Band 2.0. International Journal of Strength and Conditioning.
- McAllister, M. J., Steadman, K. S., Renteria, L. I., Case, M. J., Butawan, M. B., Bloomer, R. J., & McCurdy, K. W. (2022). Acute resistance exercise reduces postprandial lipemia and oxidative stress in resistance trained men. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 36(8), 2139–2146. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000003831
- Kim, J. S., Mettler, J. A., McCurdy, K. W., & Kim, K. M. (2021). Effects of focal knee joint cooling on static and dynamic strength of the quadriceps: Innovative approach to muscle conditioning. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(9), 4890.
- McCurdy, K. W., & Walker, J. (2021). Hip and knee Extensor activation during the hip thrust and rear-root-elevated split squat in trained females. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 35(5), 1201–1207.
- Gonzalez, A., Waldman, H., Abel, M., McCurdy, K., & McAllister, M. (2021). Impact of time restricted feeding on fitness variables in professional resistance trained firefighters. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 63(4), 343–349.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly / Creative Activities 2012. January 1, 2012
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly / Creative Activities. January 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Bronze Award, Hosting the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification Exam, National Strength and Conditioning Association. January 1, 2009
- Award / Honor Nominee: COE nomination for the Presidential Excellence Award in Scholarly / Creative Activities. January 1, 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support program, Nominated by 8 students as a teacher that made a contribution to their academic career. January 1, 2008 - January 1, 2009
- McAllister, Matthew J, McCurdy, Kevin W. Impact of Moderate and High Intensity Resistance Exercise on Postprandial Oxidative Stress, $14080. (Submitted: October 2018, Funded: January 2019 - Present). Grant.
- McCurdy, Kevin (Principal). Effects of High Volume, Low Intensity, Multi-set Squat Protocol on Power Outputs, COE, Texas State University, $500. (Submitted: November 1, 2016). Grant.
- McCurdy, Kevin (Principal). Comparison of hamstring and gluteal muscle activation patterns during resistance exercises, College of Education, Institutional (Higher Ed), $6000. (Submitted: December 1, 2015, Funded: January 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016). Grant.
- Pankey, R.B. (Co-Principal), McCurdy, Kevin (Co-Principal), Knudson, D. (Co-Principal). Computer Technology Upgrades for Biomechanics/Sports Medicine Laboratory in the Department of HHP, Internal Student Computing Resources (SCR) grant for the purchase of hardware and software, Institutional (Higher Ed), $10244. (Submitted: January 1, 2011). Grant.
- Williams, J. (Co-Principal), McCurdy, Kevin (Co-Principal). Effects of Different Types of Exercise on Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $16000. (Submitted: 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
AT Assistant/Associate Professor Search
September 1, 2022-Present
Texas State Women's Basketball Sport Science Advisor
April 1, 2022-Present
College of Education Scholarship Committee
NSCA Sport Science Certification Committee