Faculty Profile for Dr. Jesse S Gainer
Dr. Jesse S Gainer
Professor — Curriculum And Instruction
phone: (512) 245-3534
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kinard, T. A., Gainer, J. S., & Huerta, M. E. (2018). Power play : Explorando y empujando fronteras en una escuela en Tejas through a multilingual play-based early learning curriculum (Vol. 4). New York, New York, United States: Peter Lang Publishing Inc. https://doi.org/10.3726/b11316
- Gainer, J. S., & Castro, C. (Eds.). (2022). Docentes de Educación Intercultural Bilingüe de México, Estados Unidos, y Perú Escriben sus Experiencias en Aula. Aquifer Cartonera.
- Kinard, T. A., Gainer, J. S., Valdez-Gainer, N., Long, S., & Volk, D. (2021). Interrogating the “Gold Standard”: Play-Based Early Childhood Education and Perpetuating White Supremacy. Theory into Practice. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/00405841.2021.1911587
- Busey, C. L., & Gainer, J. S. (2021). Arrested Development: How This We Believe Utilizes Colorblind Narratives and Racialization to Socially Construct Early Adolescent Development. Urban Review. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/s11256-021-00604-3
- Kinard, T. A., Gainer, J. S., & Valdez-Gainer, N. (2021). Play-based early childhood education and perpetuating white supremacy.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2016 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service. April 2016 - August 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly / Creative Activity, College of Education, Texas State University. January 1, 2010 - December 1, 2010
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. January 1, 2009 - December 1, 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching. January 1, 2008 - December 1, 2008
- Negrete Lagos, B C (Principal), Lara Morales, P R, Gainer, Jesse S (Co-Principal), Lopez, Minda Morren (Co-Principal), Colegrove, Kiyomi Sanchez-Suzuki, O'Malley, Michael P. Migration, Inclusion & Diversity in Texan and Chilean K-12 Schools and Local Communities: MID Texas-Chile Project, 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund Grant, public-private sector collaboration between the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Embassies, Partners of the Americas, NAFSA, corporations, and foundations working together to stimulate new higher education partnerships between the United States and the rest of the Western Hemisphere., $24300. (Submitted: June 2018, Funded: November 2018 - October 2019). Grant.
- Gainer, Jesse S. "Gritos: On Finding the Sources of Our Voices: A Writing Workshop and Reading", Texas Commission on the Arts, State, $1000. (Funded: March 2018). Grant.
- Gainer, Jesse S. University Lecture Series Grant to bring Ashley Hope Pérez and Duncan Tonatiuh, Texas State University, $3000. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Gainer, Jesse S. Bring Ashley Hope Perez and Duncan Tonatiuh for Tomás Rivera Award, Texas State University, $3000. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Gainer, Jesse S. Tomás Rivera Award 20th Anniversary--Equity and Access Grant, Texas State University, $5000. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
SMCISD-TXST COE Collaborative Working Group
Steering Committee. Research Enhancement Committee
Science of Reading Working Group
International Education Fee Scholarship Committee
Recruitment Committee Jig-Saw Group