Faculty Profile for Ruben S Medel
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Medel, R. S. (2015). Mexican American Adolescents.
- Medel, R. S. (2015). Children with Incarcerated Parents.
- Medel, R. S. (2015). Working with Students Identified as “at-risk” within a School Setting.
- Medel, R. S. (2015). Working with Migrant Education Students.
- Medel, R. S. (2014). Positive Youth Parenting Program Parent and Child Curriculum.
- Award / Honor Recipient: School of Social Work Teaching Award. August 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Alpha Chi National College Honor Society, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College of Honor Society. December 15, 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Leadership San Marcos. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching Social Work, Texas State University, College of Applied Arts. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Appreciation for University Mentor. 2013
- Clary, Kelly Lynn (Principal), Nason, Erica Elizabeth (Co-Principal), Selber, Katherine (Co-Principal), Smith, Kenneth Scott (Co-Principal), Medel, Ruben S (Supporting). Social Work Students Explore the Grand Challenge of Technology with Field Educators, College of Applied Arts Undergraduate Research Learning Communities Grant, Texas State University, $5000. (Funded: August 4, 2021 - June 1, 2022). Grant.
- Gutierrez, Tozi Aide (Principal), Medel, Ruben S (Supporting), Kim, Jangmin (Supporting), Gough, Heather R (Supporting), Moreno, Toni D (Supporting). CIELO Phase 2, texas state university, $5000. (Funded: September 2021 - June 2022). Grant.
- Gutierrez, Tozi Aide (Principal), Medel, Ruben S (Co-Principal). Learning Community Grant, College of Applied Arts, Texas State University, $5000. (Submitted: August 2020, Funded: September 2020 - July 2021). Grant.
- Medel, Ruben S. Health and Human Service Commission, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, State, $159479.20. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - August 30, 2017). Grant.
- Smith, Kenneth Scott (Other), Russell, Amy C, Noble, Dorinda N, Medel, Ruben S, Biggs, Mary Jo. The I-3 Project, $1440000. (Funded: 2014 - 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
PAL Alumni Advisory Committee
September 30, 2020-Present
School of Social Work Leadership Team
CSWE Reaccreditation Committee
January 1, 2020-Present
Athletic & School of Social Work Workshop for Student Athletes
October 21, 2020-October 21, 2020
PAL Advisory Council
January 1, 2020-Present