Faculty Profile for Dr. Mark C Stafford
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Schildkraut, J., Stafford, M. C., Elsass, H. J. M., & Sheingold, J. (2022). Understanding more than 50 years of mass public shootings as a function of routine activities.
- Diniz, A., & Stafford, M. C. (2021). Graffiti and Crime in Belo Horizonte: The Broken Promises of Broken Windows Theory. Applied Geography, 131, 102459.
- Reinhard, D. J., Stafford, M. C., & Payne, T. (2021). COVID-19 and Academia: Considering the Future of Academic Conferencing. Journal of Criminal Justice Education, 32(2), 171–185.
- Terranova, V. A., Vandiver, D., & Stafford, M. C. (2019). Likelihood of arrest for robberies, assaults, and sexual offenses committed by group and lone offenders. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. https://doi.org/1.o0r.g1/107.171/0778/80688262065015919887722308
- Stafford, M. C. (2018). Deterrence and Psychology. In R. Morgan (Ed.), Sage Encyclopedia of Criminal Justice. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Member of Expert Directory, Crime and Justice Research Alliance. 2017 - 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professorship, Professor Dan Mears at Florida State University. 2010 - 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean's Nominee for the Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Applied Arts, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Mentor Award, American Society of Criminology. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Graduate Inductees to the Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2013
- Stafford, Mark C. Risk-Taking and Homicide Victimization: A Multi-Level Study. (Funded: 2001). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Murder, Bereavement, and the Criminal Justice System. (Funded: 2000). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Ford Foundation Social Science Concepts in Area Studies. (Funded: 1998). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Washington State University’s Grand-in-Aid – Deterrence Questions, An Experimental Test. (Funded: 1983). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Evaluation of the Effectiveness of C.A.R.E. (Funded: 2011 - 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Violence and Victims
Reviewer / Referee
University Budget Committee
Graduate College Subcommittee to Review Paper Option for Dissertations and Theses
Faculty Search Committee