Faculty Profile for Dr. Mark C Stafford
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Schildkraut, J., Stafford, M. C., Elsass, H. J. M., & Sheingold, J. (2022). Understanding more than 50 years of mass public shootings as a function of routine activities. Homicide Studies. https://doi.org/10.1177/10887679221083607
- Terranova, V., & Stafford, M. C. (2022). Examining Ignition-Interlock Post-Arrest Treatments. Justice Evaluation Journal. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/24751979.2022.2147447
- Mears, D. P., & Stafford, M. C. (2022). “Successful” Offending: The Salience of Performance Criteria for Understanding and Addressing Crime. Deviant Behavior. https://doi.org/10.1080/01639625.2022.2135143
- Mears, D. P., & Stafford, M. C. (2022). A Reconceptualization of Social Bond Theory to Predict Change Sequences in Offending. Crime & Delinquency. https://doi.org/10.1177/00111287221088000
- Diniz, A., & Stafford, M. C. (2021). Graffiti and Crime in Belo Horizonte: The Broken Promises of Broken Windows Theory. Applied Geography, 131, 102459.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Expert Member, Brazilian National Institute of Science and Technology in Criminology. 2022 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honorary Professor of International Studies, Texas State University. 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Member of Expert Directory, Crime and Justice Research Alliance. 2017 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professorship, Professor Dan Mears at Florida State University. 2010 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean's Nominee for the Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Applied Arts, Texas State University. 2018
- Stafford, Mark C. Risk-Taking and Homicide Victimization: A Multi-Level Study. (Funded: 2001). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Murder, Bereavement, and the Criminal Justice System. (Funded: 2000). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Ford Foundation Social Science Concepts in Area Studies. (Funded: 1998). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Washington State University’s Grand-in-Aid – Deterrence Questions, An Experimental Test. (Funded: 1983). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Evaluation of the Effectiveness of C.A.R.E. (Funded: 2011 - 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
BSCJ Steering Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Violence and Victims
Reviewer / Referee
Summative Evaluation Committee: Dean Chahin
Final Assessor of Ph.D. Dissertation: Eslam Hassam
Griffith University, Australia