Faculty Profile for Dr. Scott W Bowman
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Morley, R. H., Bowman, S. W., Fulton, C. L., Roche, S. P., Jantz, P. B., & Trujillo, L. T. (2021). Mindfulness, Self-Control, Implicit Bias, Race, Threat Perception Failure, and the Accidental Use of Deadly Force Against Off-Duty Police Officers. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 1–10.
- Bowman, S. W. (n.d.). The Kids are Alright - Making a Case for Abolition of the Juvenile Justice System. Critical Criminology, 26(3), 393–405.
- Bowman, S. W. (n.d.). Intentional Inclusion – Thoughts on Galvanizing a Diverse and Inclusive University. In Cuentos & Testimonies: Diversity & Inclusion at Texas State University. Texas State University.
- Bowman, S. W., & Peel, M. E. (2018). What Was Old Is New Again: An Examination of Contemporary Theoretical Approaches Used in Race, Ethnicity, Crime, and Justice Research. In The Handbook of Race, Ethnicity, Crime and Justice (pp. 227–254).
- Travis, R., & Bowman, S. W. (2017). Hip Hop Culture and Social Change. In Understanding Society Through Popular Music (pp. 139–154). New York, NY, United States: Routledge - Taylor and Francis.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Teaching, College of Applied Arts. August 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Service, College of Applied Arts. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Teaching, College of Applied Arts. August 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2014
- Morley, Richard H (Principal), Smith, Kenneth Scott (Co-Principal), Metsis, Vangelis (Co-Principal), Trujillo, Logan Thomas (Co-Principal), Fulton, Cheryl Lisa (Co-Principal), Jantz, Paul B (Co-Principal), Bowman, Scott W (Co-Principal), Roche, Sean Patrick (Co-Principal). Exploring the intersection of mindfulness, stress, large-scale brain networks, bias, threat perception failure, and the decision to use deadly force using virtual reality, Texas State University, $16000. (Submitted: October 30, 2019, Funded: November 9, 2019 - Present). Grant.
- Bowman, Scott W. Bexar County Probation: Analysis of Revocation, $50000. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Bowman, Scott W. Research Enhancement Program (REP) Grant--“Implicit Associations Testing.”, $3295. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Bowman, Scott W, Travis, R.. Research Enhancement Program (REP) Grant--“Hip Hop and Positive Youth Development.”, $8000. (Funded: 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Special Assistant to the Provost for Inclusion and Diversity
July 1, 2018-Present
Naming Task Force
September 2020-April 2021
Search Committee Member - University President
Affirmative Action Working Group
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Training Task Force